Boaters Code – Respectful Boating Guidelines on our Waterways
- I will respect other vessels on our waterways.
- I will be aware of and obey all laws and regulations governing operation of my boat.
- I will remember that vessels come in all shapes, sizes and abilities. I will use courtesy when approaching others.
- I will minimize my wake impact on shorelines, docks, structures and people by obeying the
10/30 regulation of a 10 km/hr speed when 30 meters from the shoreline.
- I will always steer clear of other boats, swimmers and water activities including wildlife.
I will set a speed and heading that is safe and comfortable for my passengers and others on the water.
- I will ensure I obey all laws and regulations regarding the operation of my boat including safety equipment, PFDs and ensure I know the obligations when meeting other vessels on the waterways.
- I will carry all equipment necessary to operate my boat safely and within the law.
- I will never consume alcohol in my boat or allow my boat to be operated by anyone who is impaired.
- I will not create excessive noise or operate my boat in a manner that disrupts the peaceful enjoyment of the lake by others.
age-friendly aquamats BBQ Fire Safety birthday boat launch Bob Nault budget Canada 150 Canada Day 2017 coast guard contest docking flag raising Garrow Park harbourtown centre Husky the Musky infrastructure Labour Day holiday hours long term parking market shuttle service Notice of Decision parking pool public information session public transit snow removal tax bill transport winter maintenance