Corporation of the City of Kenora
Notice of Completion Application and Public Meeting for an Official Plan Amendment, File Number D09-19-03, and Zoning By-law Amendment, File Number D14-19-09
Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.P.13, s. 17 and 34
Take Notice that Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora will hold a Statutory Public Meeting, under Sections 17 and 34 of the Planning Act, to consider an Official Plan Amendment and a Zoning By-law Amendment submitted by 5901058 Manitoba Ltd. as it pertains to the City of Kenora Official Plan, Council Adoption May 19, 2015, Ministerial Approval November 5, 2015 (By-law No. 75-2015), and the City of Kenora Zoning By-law, Council Adoption December 15, 2015 (By-law No. 101-2015), as amended, at the following time and location:
Statutory Public Meeting
When: Tuesday, November 12th, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Main Street South, Kenora, ON
The Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora will then have the opportunity to consider a decision regarding the applications on Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
You are also invited to attend The Kenora Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) regular meeting, who hears applications and considers recommendations to Council, commencing at the following time and location:
PAC Open House & Public Meeting
When: Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. (Open House 5 p.m.)
Location: Training Room, Operations Centre, 60 Fourteenth Street North, 2nd Floor, Kenora, ON
Be Advised that the Corporation of the City of Kenora considered the Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment applications to be complete on October 7th, 2019.
Purpose and Effect:
The purpose and effect of the Official Plan Amendment is to:
• Redesignate the subject lands, from Future Development Overlay, Industrial Development Area, Railyard, and Residential Development Area to Commercial Development Area, Industrial Development Area, and Residential Development Area.
• The effect of the Official Plan Amendment is to enable commercial, industrial and residential development to occur on the subject lands.
The purpose and effect of the Zoning By-law Amendment is to:
• Rezone the subject lands from Future Development (FD), Heavy Industrial (MH), Residential Second Density, Holding (R2[h]) to General Commercial (GC), Light Industrial (ML), Light Industrial, Exception (ML), and Residential Third Density, Holding (R3[h]).
• The effect of the Zoning By-law Amendment is to rezone lands to conform with the proposed Official Plan Amendment to enable commercial, light industrial uses and residential development to occur on the subject lands.
• The effect of the Light Industrial, Exception Zone (ML) is to allow a reduced front yard requirement from 18 m to 1.6 m and to allow reduced exterior side yard (south) setbacks from 6 m to 1.7 m and (north) 6 m to 2.4. These reductions are required given the existing buildings on site as a result of a concurrent Consent Application for the subject lands.
• The effect of the Residential Third Density, Holding (R3[h]) is to place a holding on the subject lands until a Record of Site Condition is submitted and approved prior to any residential development occurring on the subject lands.
Description of the Lands: The subject lands are municipally known as the “Former Abitibi Mill site”, civic address 331 9th Street North, and described as unopened roads, lots and blocks on historical plans of survey, being PIN # 42170-0256. A Key Map is provided below.
Public Meetings: Input on the proposed amendment is encouraged. You can provide input by speaking at the PAC and/or Statutory Public Meeting, and you are not required to register in advance to speak. You may also provide your comments in writing. If you are the owner of any land that contains seven or more residential units, please post this notice in an area that is visible to all of the residents.
If possible, written submissions are requested to be made before October 23rd, 2019, and directed to:
Ms. Devon McCloskey, City Planner
60 Fourteenth Street North, 2nd Floor, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
Failure To Make Oral Or Written Submission: If a person or public body would otherwise have an ability to appeal the decision of The Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal but the person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Corporation of the City of Kenora before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision.
Notice Of Decision: If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Council of The Corporation of the City of Kenora in respect of the applications for Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-Law Amendment, you must make a written request to Heather Pihulak, Clerk of The Corporation of the City of Kenora at 1 Main Street South, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2.
Additional Information about this matter, including information about appeal rights is available during regular office hours at the Operations Centre. Please contact Devon McCloskey, City Planner: Tel: 807-467-2059 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to make an appointment.
Personal information that accompanies a submission will be collected under the authority of the Planning Act and may form part of the public record which may be released to the public.
Dated at the City of Kenora this 10th day of October, 2019