Corporation of the City of Kenora
Notice of Completion Application and Public Meeting for an Official Plan Amendment, File Number D09-19-01, and Zoning By-law Amendment, File Number D14-19-01
Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.P.13, s. 17 and 34
Take Notice that Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora will hold a Statutory Public Meeting, under Sections 17 and 34 of the Planning Act, to consider a City-initiated Official Plan Amendment as it pertains to the City of Kenora Official Plan, Council Adoption May 19, 2015, Ministerial Approval November 5, 2015 (By-law No. 75-2015), and a City-initiated Zoning By-law Amendment as it pertains to the City of Kenora Zoning By-law, Council Adoption December 15, 2015 (By-law No. 101-2015), as amended, at the following time and location:
Statutory Public Meeting
When: Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Main Street South, Kenora, ON
The Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora will then have the opportunity to consider a decision regarding the applications on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
You are also invited to attend The Kenora Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) regular meeting, who hears applications and considers recommendations to Council, commencing at the following time and location:
PAC Public Meeting
When: Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Location: Training Room, Operations Centre, 60 Fourteenth Street North, 2nd Floor, Kenora, ON
Be Advised that the Corporation of the City of Kenora considered the Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment applications to be complete on March 27th, 2019.
Purpose and Effect:
The purpose and effect of the Official Plan Amendment is to:
• Amend Section 3.20 Public Uses to permit a public use, including but not limited to an institutional use, housing, and supportive housing, in the following land use designations, without the need for an Official Plan Amendment, subject to the policies in the Land Use Compatibility Section of the Official Plan: Established Area; Residential Development Area; Harbourtown Centre; and Commercial Development Area.
The purpose and effect of the Zoning By-law Amendment is to:
• Amend Section 2 Definitions to add a new definition for “Public Use”;
• Amend Section 2 Definitions by replacing “Public Authority” with “Public Agency”, and by amending the definition;
• Amend the definitions of “Conservation” and “Sewage Facility” in Section 2 Definitions to replace references to “public authority” with “public agency”; and
• Amend Section 3.34.5 Public Uses to add a new provision to allow a public use, including but not limited to an institutional use, housing, and supportive housing, to the following zones: Residential – First Density Zone (R1); Residential – Second Density Zone (R2); Residential – Third Density Zone (R3); Local Commercial Zone (LC); General Commercial Zone (GC); Highway Commercial Zone (HC); and Institutional Zone (I).
Description of the Lands: As all lands within the City of Kenora are affected by the proposed City-initiated amendments to the Official Plan (By-law No. 75-2015) and Zoning By-law (By-law No. 101-2015), no key map is provided.
Public Meetings: Input on the proposed amendment is encouraged. You can provide input by speaking at the PAC and/or Statutory Public Meeting, and you are not required to register in advance to speak. You may also provide your comments in writing. If you are the owner of any land that contains seven or more residential units, please post this notice in an area that is visible to all of the residents.
If possible, written submissions are requested to be made before April 10th, 2019, and directed to:
Ms. Devon McCloskey, City Planner
60 Fourteenth Street North, 2nd Floor, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
Failure To Make Oral Or Written Submission: If a person or public body would otherwise have an ability to appeal the decision of The Council of the Corporation of the City of Kenora to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal but the person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Corporation of the City of Kenora before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision.
Notice Of Decision: If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Council of The Corporation of the City of Kenora in respect of the applications for Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-Law Amendment, you must make a written request to Heather Pihulak, Clerk of The Corporation of the City of Kenora at 1 Main Street South, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2.
Additional Information about this matter, including information about appeal rights is available during regular office hours at the Operations Centre. Please contact Devon McCloskey, City Planner: Tel: 807-467-2059 or Email: email@example.com, to make an appointment.
Personal information that accompanies a submission will be collected under the authority of the Planning Act and may form part of the public record which may be released to the public.
Dated at the City of Kenora this 4th day of April, 2019