New Revised Tourism Grant – Apply for up to $20,000 in Funding
Tourism Kenora is excited to announce the NEW revised tourism grant program. Applicants can apply for up to $20,000 in funding for new events or enhancement to an existing event. The application deadline is November 30, 2017.
Event organizers must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• The event must be hosted within City of Kenora limits;
• The event must take place between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018; and
• The event must be open to the public at large without membership in a club or group
Priority will be given to new events and enhancement projects that demonstrate the following:
• Increases in tourist attendance, overnight stays and visitor spending in Kenora;
• The event is fiscally responsible with a plan to be sustainable over the next three years.
• Positive tourism exposure for the City of Kenora;
• Innovative strategies or activities that improve the quality of the event experience and increase visitation and spending;
• A strong economic and tourism impact;
• Solid budget planning; and
• Shoulder (April/May/September/October) and Winter season events
For Profit events will be assessed case by case and grant monies provided will be conditionally repayable.
Project costs include programming and marketing costs associated with proposed new event or enhancement. Examples of eligible expense include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Fees paid to artists, musicians, performers, celebrities, special guests, and speakers, including travel and accommodation and entertainment agencies;
• Fees paid for new programming;
• Moveable assets (not permanent installation) that support enhanced programs and services;
• Costs to improve visitor experience;
• Improved accessibility services; and
• Marketing costs that target tourists from outside the Kenora area
• Competition prizes, prize money, an monies paid to the competition participant;
• Whitecap Pavilion rental; and
• All events who receive funding must formally recognize the City of Kenora/Tourism Kenora as a sponsor, on all advertising materials and at the event.
• Successful proponents must complete the final report within 60 days after their event.
Tourist Definition – A visitor who travels greater than 40 km to attend the event.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the eligibility requirements and to provide full event details as requested in the application. Send completed applications by November 30, 2017 to Tourism Kenora at email@example.com or drop off at the Lake of the Woods Discovery Centre, 931 Lakeview Drive.