facebook feed

Twitter logo
youtube videos
Instagram feed


  • BTW the crosswalks with flashing lights on Main Sreet South and Second Street South are Courtesy Crossings.  Pedestrians, please take a look and wait for a break in traffic before crossing.  It is best to always use marked crossings.  If a driver stops for you, why not give them a wave! 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️
It is up to both drivers and pedestrians to be safe on our roads. #cityofkenora #crosswalks
  • Work will resume on the Seventh Avenue South bridge starting on Monday June 25 , with the removal of the temporary pedestrian bridge.  There will be short delays for boat traffic on Laurensons Creek with flag persons directing boaters.  For more on this #infrastructureproject go to Kenora.ca  #cityofkenora #citywith18bridges
  • @tourismkenora now has your favourite @thecityofkenora tourism staples for 2018...
City Maps! STUFF magazines! Visitors' Guides! Event calendars!
Stop by today and grab one at the Discovery Centre or Thistle Pavilion.
#Kenora #lakeofthewoods #tourism #nwo #laketown #sunsetcountry #stufftodo @kenorastuff #summer  #repost
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Coordinator to look after maintenance and repairs of City-owned buildings and facilities.  Qualified applicants apply before noon on June 21, 2018.
#cityofkenora #choosekenora #workforyourcity #facilitymanagement #propertyservices
  • Do you know?  The property taxes you pay get split eight different ways.  Check out where 37% of those tax dollars are paid out to first, and then how the remaining 63% is divided to provide municipal services and programs.  Details on your copy that arrived in the mail last week.  #cityofkenora
  • Bike Decorating Contest at City Hall on July 1st! 🚲🍉🇨🇦 #bikedecoratingcontest #canadaday2018 @tourismkenora #repost
  • It's open!
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot at the Transfer Station is now open each Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm until the end of September.
Representatives from Safe Communities Kenora were on site this morning to promote the addition of unsafe baby products to the list of acceptable hazardous items. .
Household hazardous wastes are:
such as fuel, antifreeze, hobby chemicals, cleansers, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, butane, aerosol cans, batteries, mercury thermometers, pharmaceuticals, makeup, sharps, fertilizers, oil filters, waste oil and their containers, paints & coatings and their containers, pesticides, batteries, fluorescent tube lights, fire extinguishers, devices containing mercury, syringes, etc.
All items must be carefully packed and clearly labelled.
Sharps must be placed in a plastic container with a lid, i.e. peanut butter container.
And this is a FREE service for our residential customers. #cityofkenora #househazardouswastethursdays #reducingwaste
  • Join @lakeofthewoodsmuseum at the Lake of Woods Cemetery on Wednesdays in June, July and August for an hour and a half tour of the grounds and hear the tales of some who are buried there. 
Meet at the Cemetery Garage at 11 am each Wednesday. $5 per person.  Free for kids under 5 years.  Rain or shine. 🌞🌦️ #cityofkenora #walkingtours #kenorahistory @tourismkenora
  • Inspiration!  Over 20 people attended our #AccessAbility event last night. 
The highlight was the inspiring stories from our local athletes.  Thanks to sledge hockey player Natalia Debbo, wheelchair curler Denise Miault, and para-nordic skier Jesse Bachinsky for sharing their passion for sports with us. #cityofkenora #NAAW2018

Follow Us!

Episode 1 – Lake of the Woods; History by Water

Episode 2 – Lake of the Woods; Eastern Shores